Me: *Points to area on white shirt.*
Me: “But what about this spot?”
God: “I don’t see anything.”
Me: *Points to new area on shirt*
Me: “What about this dirty stain? This one has to be the worst yet.”
God: “I see you pure as snow. Why do you keep searching for old stains that aren’t there anymore?”
Me: “I remember them…are they always to haunt me?”
God: “Were you not forgiven? Was My Son’s sacrifice not enough for you?”
Me: “I know it should be, but the bullies of past…their words feel like words etched deeper than the shirt. Like I am always to see myself through their eyes.”
God: “You have put much in man’s opinion of you…find your identity in Me. Every time you remember the hurts & the pains, remember Me. Every time you remember the wrongs done unto you or even your own wrongdoings, remember Me…”
Me: *Stops searching for the marks of the past and focuses on God.*
God: “…every time you feel like searching your pure white shirt, remember that it was bestowed upon you. Remember that I have given you the greatest stain remover, an eternal one…lasting forever…remember Me.”
We can do Godly things for people, but we should not become “God” to them. There is one God and He is the only One who can truly supply every one of our needs.
Yes, there are needy people, but there are true people in need.
People in Need:
- Rarely ask for help.
- Are gracious for your help.
- Don’t expect items, money, gifts, time, etc. from you.
- Are usually wanting to reciprocate the kindness in some way.
- I have noticed that these are the people that you feel drawn to. Like God has put something on your heart to help them.
- Do not always appear like they are in need…but like I stated on the previous bullet, you feel drawn towards them. God usually tells you what they need.
- Demand things from you.
- Expect you to give money, clothes, anything that they see around your house.
- Expect you to come to them at the “drop of a hat.”
- Want you to take care of them when they are unwilling to take care of themselves.
- Usually use “guilt” to get want they want.
- I have noticed that this type of person will use you and abuse you.
By becoming God to the needy people, we are trying to supply their every need. Whether it is physically being there (helping with deeds around the house, etc.), supporting them financially, or even supporting them emotionally. We can be there for them, to some extent, but we cannot always be there. That is God’s place.
- If we did try to take God’s place and supply their every need…what purpose would they need the one true God for? By being overly giving to the needy person, we could become a stumbling block to their walk with God.
o I don’t know about you, but I have found God in the darkest times of my life; when He was the only One that could supply my needs. If someone stepped in and took that place, would I have found God on such a substantial level?
Discerning when it is time to lend a hand or point them to the direction of God.
- Sit down and pray about the situation (It’s time to use that “walking and talking relationship with God”).
- Remember, God doesn’t condone guilt. It doesn’t come from Him(Paul).
- Don’t let people guilt you into giving.
- When you have that urge from God to give to a certain person at a certain time, do it. You will never know what giving to someone feels like until you do it with God’s guidance.
Have a good day, brothers and sisters, and may we never stop learning and listening in our walking/talking relationship with God.
Paul. Romans 8:1. n.d. <https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+8%3A1&version=NASB>.
“I cannot go on like this,” said the girl, overwhelmed by life itself.
God: Trust…in Me. Take day by day for life is full of sorrows by waiting and yearning for tomorrow. When people drain you, do not wallow in your dehydration. I am the living water; I will fill you up.
When people suck the air out of you, I will breathe into the breath of life. When people are like a storm threatening to break and beat you down, remember that you are built upon the rock. Do not let the enemy deceive you into believing you are built upon the sand!
Take off your spectacles for I have already given you sight…do not believe that you must earn all my blessings. I am not like people around you. I give freely…you just have to open your present and don’t let the enemy steal it from you.
Do not fear in what you may lose, but hope in what you will gain.
Inadequacy is a lie. You are made perfect in the Greatest Sacrifice. I will call you accordingly to how I made you. Do you not believe that your interests are important to Me? Far from it! I love you and I will use you…use you in your uniqueness. Trust in Me.
Side note: You may talk to God about the pebble in your shoe, and He will address the rocky area where you traveled. He knows what you’ve been through…what you’re going through. The pebble will become heavier the longer you hold onto it.
Take time to speak to God…go for a walk by a stream and skip rocks across the water (throw your pebble out while you’re at it!).
Some days are difficult especially when I look through the transparent film that separates me from the rest of the world, and see people who have already broken forth and are flying about.
I must remember when God sees that I am ready, I will break forth, spread my wings, and fly. He is just taking His time in the moulding and shaping of me in the cocoon.
“Behold, You desire truth in the innermost being, And in the hidden part You will make me know wisdom.” Psalm 51:6