I had a recent dream that used to play itself in my mind…over and over again when I was a kid…here it is:
I was driving a car and the meridian got too close, so I had to swerve and push my foot to the gas peddle to miss it…as I was speeding, I continuously ran through red lights.
👆That’s it? Yup. Sometimes the shortest dreams have the biggest words. Hehe…I’m just glad that there were no cops in my dreams! 😜
This one is a little different than my previous dreams from when I was younger. In the other ones, I was trying to slam on the break but continued to go through the reds. I desperately wanted to stop but the brakes were broken. It felt like my body was beyond exhaustion…but I kept pushing on through the “red lights” it was giving me…this became my normal and I forgot how to stop.
Conclusion: I have more control over my own life now (hence my foot pushing the gas peddle instead of the break-it was my choice) and am still learning to not crumble at the demands of others (even the demands I imagined they wanted of me…and the demands I commanded of myself). Yes, I chose to put my foot on the gas peddle this time but I missed the meridian (stumbling block) in life. I just hope I will recognize the warning lights ahead…
Are you pushing yourself past your body’s limits? Is it giving you red lights? If so, how about finding the “best yes” along with me. Let us not say “yes” to every opportunity that comes our way (for there will be many), but let us take a breather and wait upon God to be the GPS in our cars.
by: Nicole Kent 4/8/15
- I imagine the ministry in where God wants me to be
- Concocting plans in my mind-manipulated by those around me
- Striving, pleasing, never reaching the goal that I set
- Finally realizing that this was not of my heart-but a feeling of debt
- I crumpled and fell to my knees
- As I reevaluated who I was trying to please
- For God has given each of us a different journey-a different plan
- But I listened to myself and every person-every demand
- Now I know that in every ministry there will always be a need
- But we must turn our ears to God amongst the crowd’s unending pleads
- God will use us if we allow
- Where you’re at in life…right here, right now